The farm house

The farm house

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Be Inspired!

I have always believed that inspiration can be found anywhere. In fact, you don't need to go find it, it is right before your eyes. It seeks you out. One just needs to recognize it much like the sound of opportunity knocking on the proverbial door.

On the weekend, I was knitting up the edging on a sweater. The tv was on and I had stopped channel surfing. Like most knitters, tv is mostly listened to and not watched while working on pieces. I was not paying attention to what had just come on until I heard what the person was saying. It spoke to me in volumes. It most certainly was about inspiration and it did inspire me.

Another interesting thing about this event is who the person was. We all have a story to tell and I never figured I would have anything in common with this person. But through technology and a television set I was connected. Now there is no looking back for me. I noticed my attitude change right after the tv show. I giggled as I thought about whom it took to inspire me so.

So, if you every watch Oprah's Master Class, or sneak a peek on Youtube, Billy Bob Thornton as unlikely as it sounds is my source of inspiration. Another lesson, don't judge the book by it's cover when it comes to these things. Accept it-don't question it and be an inspiration for others.

The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.
~W B Yeats 

No comments:

Post a Comment