The farm house

The farm house

Friday, October 12, 2012

Scattered Thoughts, Scattered Leaves...

I was recently told by a fellow creative that I should Blog more frequently....so here is an attempt at purging my thoughts. Yesterday was very productive for me as I designed a mitten pattern-on paper- which means it will be altered a dozen times before test knitting. Nothing complicated, just something for when I get my shop going and will be using my own wool! Yes folks, all this time sitting at home thinking, I could be making money if my shop were opened...If...2 lettters that can keep you up at night or keep you going with steadfast determination.

I firmly believe that things happen for a reason. The fact that I only work on Saturdays, when the car is available is not a sign to be ignored. Things are pointing me to this direction , the woolly path, and I must admit, I would rather be my own boss; a nice compassionate one....

Another thing that popped into my mind was Wool Week in Shetland is well underway. Now that would be an awesome event to attend! Well, why not go next year? I've a year to find funds. Then I thought, things like these are better shared with folks who share similar tastes and interests... so why not organize a tour??? Perhaps more of a group of folks to attend wool week together? There is so much happening and you don't have to attend it all & many things there are free. So if any of you readers( I know you're out there lurking) are interested, probably easier if you were from the Ottawa area or could get here...planning stages at this point. Let me know what you think! Leave a comment or message me on Ravelry showmethemoney is my user name!


Today's tasks at Karberry Farm are not so creative. We must replace a window in a door of the house as the weather is much colder, we need that gap filled. The cold air is creeping into the office as I type. I will also be building my turkey coop in the barn so that they have indoor shelter. So off I go....

2 comments:

  1. I would love to go to Wool Week, but I don't think traveling to Ottawa first (from Oregon) is very practical. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking the prices... gasp.. the taxes are about the same as the fare!! Holy crow. I can't imagine the price for air fare from Oregon??

    ReplyDelete