The farm house

The farm house

Monday, December 2, 2013

December Second

Today is Monday. Middle son has exams at college and I am alone, cleaning and wondering how to make ends meet. It's the last month of the year and accounts need to be put in order. Difficult to do when a) You're not employed   b) Your spouse, after 27.5 years has had to change companies, taking a reduced rate, return to previous company where they no longer wish to pay his departure rate....a loss close to $800/month.... There are moments when I panic and wonder what is the purpose of all this? What is the life lesson? So, once again, Christmas will be a dinner with whatever I've knit for gifts, once again.

The Canadian horse will have to be sold and the Quarter horse can be a "free" companion...Oh yes, it's certainly not what I want to do but I see no alternative. It won't be a quick sale but.....

My oldest son has also announced his move back to the city-less income for us or really? All his electronics plugged in, his visits to the city, driving him to work and back on weekends..may work out to even in the end. It's just not where I thought I would be at this stage of my life. So as I hear a few doors closing, I'm wondering what's behind the doors that should open...it had better be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment